Race times are subject to change
8.30am On the day registration opens
9.10am Warm up for 6km event
9.15am 6km event starts
10.10am Warm up for 3km event
10.15am 3km event starts
11.00am Award presentations and raffle draw
- Jumping castle
- Fairy Floss
- Sausage sizzle
- Cheer n Dance performances
- TZR Reptile and Wildlife encounters
And much more…
Great Strides Bendigo is held at the picturesque Lake Weeroona. Located on the corner of Nolan & Napier st (Midland Hwy) Bendigo – 5 minutes north of the city centre.
• Undercover areas
• Free carparking
• Boardwalk Café
There are 2 car parks available and parking is FREE for both. One is on Nolan St, the other on Napier St (limited spaces available)
Or you could:
• Catch a tram from the CBD
• 10 minute walk from the CBD (From Alexandra Fountain – continue along High Street heading away from Melbourne. The lake is about 5 minutes from the fountain, on the left. Follow the signs to Echuca).
What to bring
- Comfortable running shoes
- Appropriate clothes
- Hat & sunscreen – Don’t forget to slip, slop & slap!
- Water bottle – Water stations will be available on the day to refill bottles
If you are participating in either the walk or run, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your race begins. This way you will have time to warm up and soak in the atmosphere. When you arrive, make sure you grab yourself a drink from the Hydration Station. Our MC will announce when everyone should make their way to the starting line, however please be there at least 10 minutes before your race begins.
The start and finish line is the same for both events (3km & 6km).
Those participating in the 3km event, walking or running, will complete 2 laps of the Great Strides track. Those participating in the 6km event will complete 4 laps.
Each participant will receive a Great Strides medal at the finish line. Helpful race marshals in high visibility vests will be on hand to guide you if you need assistance. A water station is located at the start/finish line.
Check out our frequently asked questions for further information